Studio hire is available by appointment. Subject to other bookings, the studio is available for hire seven days a week, from morning through to evening (premium rates may apply to anti-social times).
Minimum booking is for two hours — you should allow adequate time within your booking to tidy up after your shoot.
All bookings must be pre-paid in full. In the event of cancellation some (or all) of your payment may be credited towards a future booking.
Studio staff will be in the premises throughout your session. For a basic hire we are happy to assist with studio equipment (particularly the boom stand) and studio/equipment related questions. Tutored studio sessions are also available for an additional fee.
Studio hire rates
The basic rate of hire is £25/hour (including VAT) — minimum hire period is two hours.
Discounted rates are available:
- £80 1/2 day (four hours). The four hour 1/2 day period only applies to mornings between 08:00 and 13:30 or afternoons between 12:00 and 18:30)
- £150 full day (8 hours)
All bookings must be pre-paid. Subject to availability, bookings may be extended at the standard hourly rate. The discounted 1/2 or full day rates are only available when originally booked.
1/2 day or four hour bookings are not available for evenings, but full day (eight hour bookings) may be booked as afternoon and evening.
These rates apply to bookings covering core hours of business: 8am — 9pm Monday to Friday, 8am — 6pm Saturday and 9am — 9pm Sunday.
The use of the studio bed linen or towels is not included.
All booked sessions should include adequate time to tidy up and vacate the premises.
Offers and incentives
- 10% off your next booking when purchasing a full price day hire.
- 20% off of four pre-paid whole day sessions. These may be split to 1/2 day sessions (for even greater savings). All sessions must be used within four months of purchase.
- 10% off of two pre-paid whole day sessions. These may be split to 1/2 day sessions (for even greater savings). All sessions must be used within two months of purchase.
- 10% off of when pre-paying for 10 hours (or more) at the standard rate. Minimum hire period of 2 hours applies.
These offers may not be combined.
Studio hire does not include any tuition beyond a brief introduction and overview of the studio and equipment.
One-to-one studio tuition is available for £55/hour (including studio use, but not including any model fees).
The option of tuition during the your studio session can be added to 1/2 day or full day bookings at £30/hour (minimum one hour with 1/2 hour increments). This option offers periods of tuition and guidance as part of your shoot, but still gives you scope to operate fully independently otherwise.
Refunds of any amount are discretionary. A minimum of 25% of the booking will normally be deducted from all cancelled bookings — the outstanding balance will be credited towards a future session.
2. Equipment: Pavilion Photographic Studio agrees to provide equipment in good working order, but makes no special guarantees as to said equipment’s functionality or suitability to Hirer’s purposes. Pavilion Photographic Studio is not liable for acts out of its control that affect the shoot, such as power outages, weather or emergencies. In such cases, Pavilion Photographic Studio may refund or credit a prorated portion of Hirer’s payment. Damages to equipment and premises are the hirer’s responsibility and must be settled after hire period at market value.
3. Health and Safety
Pavilion Photographic Studio will not be held responsible for any accident or injury caused by the hirer or any member of their party whilst using the studio facilities.